Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater
Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater (ACL Live) is a state-of-the-art, 2,750-person capacity live music venue that hosts approximately 100 concerts a year. It serves as the permanent home for the taping of the acclaimed Austin PBS produced television series, Austin City Limits, the longest running music series in American television history. ACL Live is nestled next to W Austin Hotel & Residences, which are both located within Block 21, the first mixed-occupancy building of its type in the world to be LEED certified. LEED is a mark of excellence developed by the U.S. Green Building Council acknowledging measurable performance attributes that benefit human and environmental health. ACL Live is the premier destination in Austin for live performances as well as numerous special and private events.
2,700 + Capacity in Three Intimate Levels:
Level 2 – Stage & General Admission / Reserved Seats
Level 3 – Premium Theater Seating, Suites, & Austin City Limits Gallery featuring Scott Newton’s iconic photographs
Level 4 – Theater Seating
State of the Art
Custom concert & TV taping lighting system: Lighting package includes High End Systems’ next generation of innovative optics, automated luminaries & digital control consoles
The main speaker system features d&b audiotechnik V series line array elements.
Venue photo by Jonathan Jackson
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit here for an overview of what to expect when attending a show. If you don’t see an answer to your question below, please visit the FAQ page or feel free to contact us.
Q: How far in advance of the show should I arrive at the venue?
A: In addition to leaving time for parking, please be advised that we have implemented increased security procedures due to recent worldwide events. We recommend adding at least 30 minutes to the time that you would normally allocate for arrival. All patrons are subject to wanding and bag searches upon entry.
Q: Are all ACL Live shows Austin City Limits tapings?
A: No, they are not. Tapings are separately scheduled by our friends at KLRU. Click here to learn more about tapings.
Q: Can you buy tickets here to see ACL tapings?
A: No, the process with ACL tapings stays the same and is managed by our partners, KLRU. Click here to learn more about tapings.
Q: Can I park at the W Hotel for ACL Live shows?
A: Limited valet parking is available at the W Hotel for ACL Live ticketholders on a first-come, first-served basis. For rates and more information about valet parking, please visit here. Additional suggestions for getting to the venue are available on our parking page.
Q: What are the box office hours?
A: The box office is currently closed until further notice. Inquiries may be emailed to email@example.com. Venue tour tickets and tickets for upcoming shows may be purchased through each event’s page on the ACL Live calendar.
Q: Where is the box office located?
A: The box office is located on 2nd street between Lavaca and Guadalupe.
Q: How do I purchase tickets in advance?
A: You can purchase tickets online at acllive.com.
Q: Can I transfer my Will Call tickets to someone else?
A: Yes. Prior to the day of the show you may contact Ticketmaster support to transfer Will Call tickets. However, on the day of a show the original ticket holder must come down to the venue and show driver’s license or photo ID in order to transfer Will Call tickets.
Q: I've never been to The Moody Theater before, do I get a seat or is it general admission?
A: There are approximately 1,500 fixed seats shared between the balcony and mezzanine levels. The floor level can be seated or general admission standing depending on the show.
Q: Can I leave the venue and come back?
A: The general policy for the venue allows re-entry; however, you must present your ticket again. Any shows that do not permit re-entry will be clearly indicated at the door. All patrons are subject to wanding and bag searches upon each entry.
Q: What type of payment is accepted at the bar?
A: The bar will accept cash as well as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
Photo by Alison Narro
Getting Here & Parking
ACL Live at The Moody Theater
310 Willie Nelson Boulevard, Austin, TX, USA. 78701
Metered parking starts at $2 per hour and increases depending on the length of time. Parking meters hours are:
- Monday – Tuesday: 8am – 6pm
- Wednesday – Friday: 8am – Midnight
- Saturdays: 11am – Midnight
Downtown: IH-35 to Lamar Boulevard, and Lady Bird Lake to 10th Street
For more information, please visit: Paid Parking | AustinTexas.gov
ACL Live Parking
Limited valet parking for ACL Live ticketholders is available at the W Hotel on a first-come, first-served basis. For rates and more information about valet parking, please visit here. There is plenty of additional parking in the area, with some alternative options listed below.
Stay the night! Book a room at W Austin, located just steps from the venue entrance, and don’t stress about getting to and from the show
Entrance on the east side of Guadalupe, between 2nd Street and Cesar Chavez.
Entrance on the east side of Lavaca, between 2nd and 3rd streets
Entrance on east side of San Antonio, between 2nd and 3rd streets
State Parking: Hobby Building
Entrance on east side of Guadalupe, between 3rd and 4th streets
Between 3rd and 4th streets and between Guadalupe and San Antonio, entrances on all sides
Between 3rd and 4th streets and between San Antonio and Nueces, entrances on west side of San Antonio and east side of Nueces
Entrance on West side of block
Experience Music’s Best Address at ACL Live, home of the legendary Austin City Limits television show. Go behind the scenes of the famed TV series, see the stunning music photography of Scott Newton, get insider stories, and walk in the footsteps of the legends and superstars that have graced the ACL Live stage.
- The venue tour starts at 11am, Monday-Saturday, and lasts about 90 minutes.
- Tours will begin from the ACL Live venue box office located on Willie Nelson Blvd (W. 2nd Street).
- Exclusive access to the ACL Live merch store at the conclusion of the tour.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes early to ensure that the tour begins on time.
- Tours are limited in size to 20 people.
- Tickets can be purchased online at acllive.com/tours.
- Tickets are $12 per adult (12+), $6 per child (4-11), $40 for family 4-pack, and $10 per person for groups of 10 or more.
- 3 years old and younger are admitted free with a paying adult.
- Tickets are encouraged to be purchased online in advance. Additional fees may apply. Limited walk-up availability may be possible but is not guaranteed.
- Tickets can be purchased online at acllive.com.
- Tickets are $12 per person; $10 per person for groups of 10 or more.
- Capacity is limited for each tour, so tickets must be purchased online in advance. Limited walk-up availability may be possible, but is not guaranteed.
- Please review the safety information above before booking your tickets.
More than Just a Music Venue
- Home of the KLRU-TV produced PBS program, Austin City Limits, the longest running music series in American television history.
- On the Mezzanine level you will find the Keller Pfluger Gallery, featuring the photography of longtime Austin City Limits’ staff photographer, Scott Newton. All of the featured photography is the work of Scott Newton and has helped contribute to the iconic style of Austin City Limits for almost 40 years.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum designated the television show, Austin City Limits an official rock and roll landmark. The official plaque is on display backstage and out in front of the venue on Lavaca Street.
Facts about ACL Live
- Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater is a state-of-the-art, 2,700+ person capacity live music venue.
- No seat in the theater is more than 75 feet from the stage.
- ACL Live is nestled next to the W Austin Hotel & Residences, which are both located within Block 21, the first mixed-occupancy building of its type in the world to be LEED certified. LEED is a mark of excellence developed by the U.S. Green Building Council acknowledging measurable performance attributes that benefit human and environmental health.
- 2nd Street has been renamed in honor of Willie Nelson. A statue was erected on April 20th, 2011 and now stands out in front of the venue at Willie Nelson Blvd (2nd St) & Lavaca St.
Photo by Alison Narro
Austin City Limits
Iconic PBS music series Austin City Limits (ACL) offers viewers unparalleled access to featured acts in an intimate setting that provides a platform for artists to deliver inspired, memorable, full-length performances.
The program is taped live before a concert audience from ACL’s studio home, ACL Live at The Moody Theater in Austin, Texas. Austin City Limits is the longest-running music series in television history and remains the only TV series to ever be awarded the National Medal of Arts.
Since its inception in 1974, the groundbreaking program has become a music institution, evolving from a local outlaw-country showcase to a required stopping point for superstars, innovators and talented newcomers from every corner of music. ACL was designated an official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Landmark in 2009 and received a rare institutional Peabody Award for excellence and outstanding achievement in 2012.
Austin City Limits is produced by KLRU-TV and funding is provided in part by Dell, the Austin Convention Center Department and Cirrus Logic. Additional funding is provided by the Friends of Austin City Limits. Learn more about Austin City Limits, programming and history at acltv.com.
Photo courtesy KLRU-TV/Austin PBS. Photo by Scott Newton.
Pachanga Latino Music Series
In 2016, the Pachanga Latino Music Festival grew the Austin celebration of Latino music and culture to a year-round program, by evolving into a quarterly concert series at Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater (ACL Live). The Mavericks, Los Tigres del Norte, Natalia LaFourcade, and Omara Portuondo & Eliades Ochoa of The Buena Vista Social Club were the featured artists of the 2016 Pachanga Latino Music Series.
The 2017 Series included performances from Camila, Reik, Café Tacvba, and Jesse & Joy, and the 2018 series featured two nights of The Mavericks, Kabah + JNS, Camila + Sin Bandera, and Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez. 2019 shows have featured Los Lobos & Los Lonely Boys and The Mavericks.
The Pachanga Latino Music Series is the evolution of the critically acclaimed Austin, Texas, based festival, which was dedicated to promoting a vibrant blend of Latino-created music and art and its impact on contemporary American culture. This series presents world-class Latino talent to Austin audiences, with a concerted focus on bringing more of central Texas’ Latino and Hispanic communities to experience live music at ACL Live, a world-renowned state-of-the-art concert venue in the heart of downtown Austin.
Photo by Alison Narro